Friday, March 16, 2007

Story again, swimming, reunion

1. I worked on my latest picture book manuscript again today. I read it aloud to my neighbours and their four year old son. It was well received and I got some constructive feedback. I wish I could read it to you, too. I love reading it aloud. One of my goals is to write some picture books that are wonderful to read aloud. I enjoy reading other authors' picture books aloud and look forward to being able to do that with my own.
2. The children had their school swimming sports today which went well despite the dubious weather. One girl described it as "brain freezing cold". I've actually been in water like that before so I know what she means. However, all's well and they're safe and sound.
3. We went to my husband's primary school reunion this evening. We had a good time even though there was only one person there from his class. That person came from Australia to the reunion, as did several others. Not sure I'd travel that far for a similar event, but there you go. Anyway, my husband was glad to catch up with this friend who he hadn't seen for 20 years. It was interesting, too, to see where he'd spent his early years. I'm going to my high school reunion in June.

No comments: