Tuesday, March 13, 2007

No shame, movie, storm

1. I have no shame. But I'm proud of it. I'll explain. Today our small local cinema had the NZ premiere for the movie Miss Potter (about the life of Beatrix Potter and starring Rene Zellwegger). I knew about this vaguely and had planned to see the movie as I liked what I'd read about it. Then I read in our local newspaper that local identities and celebrities had received invitations to the four showings today. I felt peeved. Am I not a local celebrity? Is Miss Potter not about a children's author? Am I not a children's author? So, guess what I did? I marched right down there and stated my case at the box office. It worked. There was much apologising and our family was given four tickets for the 5.30pm session tonight. Yay.
2. The movie mentioned above is excellent. A must see. Beautifully shot. A wonderful story. Acted with great class as always by Rene. We were all very pleased we went. I can highly recommend it to you all.
3. We are having a storm tonight and the children are unsettled because of it. Last night, fortunately, they slept through the torrential downpours. But this time the thunder and lightning started while they were still reading in bed. Hopefully they'll tire soon.

No comments: