1. My limerick was featured in Sonnjea B's Limerick Lounge blog. I've always enjoyed limerick writing and have written a few in my time. It's a good discipline and I'll be visiting her new limerick lounge frequently. See my link page on the wordimperfect blog if you want to go there too. I'm not sure how to link it as part of a sentence like other clever bloggers do.
2. I drove for an hour to a town called Matamata today so I could appear on a regional tv programme to talk about my joke book. It was great fun and my slot was short and sweet and seemed to go very well. The host was really welcoming and friendly and I didn't think about the camera at all once we got talking. It appears on Monday but we don't get it where I live so I'll have to find someone to tape it for me. Or I can buy a copy for $25 plus $5 postage!
3. Driving back from Matamata, I had a close call with a truck! My heart was in my throat afterwards. I actually thought I would hit the truck and the realisation of that was strangely bearable. It was when I managed to avoid it that I suddenly realised the extent of the danger I had been in. The truck turned in front of me and I had to brake hard on a road slick with light rain. But, hey, I'm still here. So all's well in the world!
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i'm glad you're still here wordimp
Post a Comment