Saturday, March 24, 2007

Birthday, cricket, family

1. I'm in the middle of our daughter's birthday sleepover. The seven girls are lying in the lounge watching a video as I write. They've done lots of swimming and playing and will hopefully sense the urge for sleep in the near future. It's gone very well so far - less hands on than I've been used to with parties for younger children. I've also noticed how very more "grown up" my daughter has become since her last birthday. I'm very proud of her.
2. Our son did very well at cricket today. He made a great catch early on in the game and also bowled and batted impressively. He batted 3 fours and a single which increased his batting average. We were all pleased that he did so well as assorted family members were visiting for the birthday celebrations and came to watch his game. As parents of cricketing children, we all continue to enjoy the 3 hour long enforced rest required while watching the game of cricket. Perhaps that's why the game was invented...
3. It was wonderful seeing our extended family gathered together for our daughter's birthday today. Thank you all for your generous gifts and the time it took to drive here and spend time with us. We really appreciate it and love you all very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!