Monday, March 05, 2007

Recycling, office, squash

1. We get our rubbish collected on Mondays and, until now, we could also put out papers to be collected for recycling. However, our recycling collection service has now been extended and we have all be given big blue bins so we can recycle tins, plastic bottles, glass, cardboard and paper. It's wonderful but I'm glad I'm not the bin collector who has to sort it all.
2. I spent the day tidying and sorting out my office. I'm not finished but I've made a good start and I look forward to continuing until the job is complete.
3. I lost my squash game tonight for our business house team. However, I didn't feel discouraged. This was a big change for me. I usually feel down about losing a game of squash (which I do frequently) because I think about how I could have done this or that so much better. Tonight was a bit of a breakthrough. Yes, there was a lot I could have done better. But I still concentrated on enjoying the game, even as I knew I was losing. It was a good feeling.

No comments: