Sunday, March 04, 2007

Neighbours, vegetables, baking

1. I feel so glad we have good neighbours. Some of them came over today for afternoon tea. It was delightful.
2. Our vegetable garden gives us yummy salad treats including cucumbers, spinach and beans. It takes effort but it's certainly worth it.
3. I love baking but I haven't done any for a while. However, yesterday I made a banana cake and today I made honey rice bubble biscuits. Both worked out very well.

2 comments:

Sara said...

What are honey rice bubble biscuits? They sound lovely.

Word Imp said...

Hi Sara, and anyone else who likes the idea of cooking and eating something easy and yummy...

Honey Rice Bubble Biscuits
Melt 125gms butter in pot on stove.
As it's melting add 3 Tbsp of brown sugar and 3 Tbsp of honey. Once it's started to bubble, turn down to a simmer heat and stir gently for 5 or 6 minutes.
Then add 4 cups of rice bubbles and mix up.
Pile the mixture into a biggish dish, such as a roasting pan or large plastic container and flatten so the mix is about 1 inch tall all around. That's what I do anyway. I guess you could put the mix in patty cases but it would be fiddly. After a while, cut into squares.That's it. Very easy and yummy.
Thanks again Sara for your continued encouragement over my blogs and life. I count you as a friend. Sharon