Monday, March 26, 2007

Birthday, singing, orange house

1. My daughter's birthday went surprisingly well, considering the number of children at the sleepover. I've never had more than two children sleep over before, so I thought I might have been biting off more than I could chew. However, everything went smoothly. The swimming and dressing up kept them busy for hours. And now I have a nine year old. And a beautiful one, at that.
2. I relaxed on Sunday which is pretty unusual. I also had some girl time doing Sing Star with my daughter. We had a fun time. I love singing.
3. The orange house next door is finally sold after being on the market for many months. We are hoping the neighbours will be wonderful.

2 comments:

Sara said...

You have my admiration, I really would find a sleepover party a challenge I'm sure. But then it's probably different with girls, they seem less boisterous.

The book has arrived from Amazon. It looks great and I'm sure Matthew will love it. Like I said he loves jokes and making up his own and he also loves non fiction books like horrible history and such like, so I think it will be perfect. AND I had that little thrill of thinking 'I know who wrote that book'.

Matthew's birthday is a week on Saturday. I am taking him and one friend for a day trip to legoland. I am so relieved not to be having a party at home this year.

LauraLee said...

I have done sleepovers many times. One year I had 7 girls! It was easier than I thought. I got a girlfriend of mine to come over and hang out with me. Last year I also had the relief of a legoland trip with one friend for my daughters birthday. Good job on that!
I have a pool party coming in April. I just got a new pool as well! I bet that helps keep them busy! Have you heard of "underwater breakfast"? A great party game for pools. The kids get up, put their suits on and you throw oranges, cereal containers(use the ones that are completely plastic), and little milk containers and spoons in the pool and the kids dive in a get their breakfast but they can't use their hands!
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your private blog! Have a great day!