1. The news that I was unable to reveal in yesterday's post was that I am a finalist in the NZ Post Children's Book Awards (see www.nzpostbookawards.co.nz) . This a really big thing for me and soooo exciting. The finalists are in four categories of children's books. My book called It's True...You can make your own Jokes (published by Allen and Unwin) is a finalist in the non-fiction category. An article about the awards and my book appeared in today's NZ Herald newspaper (page 7) which you can read online if you wish at www.nzherald.co.nz and then follow the links through entertainment and books. I'm pretty sure that will get you there. I won't be winning a computer savvy award any time soon! That's for sure. Winners are announced at an awards ceremony in Wellington in mid May.
2. It wasn't easy coming back to earth after my big news. However, my office did need tidying so I managed to complete that task today despite my excitement and several phone calls. The hardest thing about having wonderful things like this happen is that I still have to fulfil my other roles in life (i.e. cooking, cleaning, childcare, taxi service, wifely duties etc) when I would much rather be swanning around at a cafe celebrating my success! Oh well, I guess there's always a downside...
3. My husband and I celebrated my great news with a lunch together at our local cafe called Cicada Cafe. It's nothing flash but it's close and my husband only has a half hour for lunch. We celebrated with Henry's homemade pies. I sense the need for a more formal celebration coming on though.
3.
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congratulations on your great news!!
I just wanted to tell you, I have a new blog called The Limerick Lounge, which was inspired partly by Word Imperfect. I'm asking people to post limericks, and I'll pick a winner a day.
Hope you have time to play!
Congratulations that is really wonderful. I hope when I finish the book I started that it can be published someday. I love hearing about people that work hard, and they get to be apart of an awards thing Good Luck!
How exciting! Happy for you. What an accomplishment. Was it the book you were working on before Christmas?
Anywho, nice Marge Simpson outfits.
Sorry I have been behind.
Oh, bummber. I tried the hyperlink to Sonnjea's "The Limerick Lounge" but the link got "hyper." ...Not found. Oh well.
How wonderful ! I'm very happy and I do hope you win .All the best !
Well done Sharon. Brilliant news. You are an inspiration. I took a look at your book on the website a few weeks ago. I think my son would like it, is it for sale in the UK?
Thanks for all your kind comments. Sara: Not sure if the book is available in the UK but it did appear on a UK children's book website at one stage as number 11 for non fiction titles. The site started with A but can't remember the name of it, sorry. Just ask for it at a reputable book store and mention the author, title and publisher (Allen and Unwin). ISBN number is 1-74114-733-6 if that helps. Good luck and let me know.
Post a Comment