Wednesday, February 14, 2007

cricket, late night eating, looking forward

1. I spent an hour this evening at my son's first cricket training session. I constantly feel amazed at the way I have helped create this sporting person. Of course, my husband's sporting prowess has actually been responsible. But still, I feel proud to have been part of the process.
2. My children and I have eaten nothing since dinner at 5pm - much to the children's disappointment. It's part of my effort to deal with my son's gastric reflux. I read today that he shouldn't eat within 3-4 hours before bedtime. I told him I wouldn't make him do anything I wouldn't do as well. My daughter agreed, reluctantly, to help out. It's been hard but they're both asleep now. My turn next.
3. I'm very much looking forward to a celebratory lunch tomorrow with my mother in law at my current favourite cafe. She's shouting me lunch to congratulate me on being a NZ Post book award finalist. It will be wonderful.

No comments: