Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Back to school, whistle, good news

1. The children went back to school happily today and both had a great day. They're in the same class although there's a year between them. It's a small country school with only four classrooms so the year 5 and 6 students are taught together. I'm looking forward to seeing their progress this year.
2. I worked at kindergarten this morning and a lovely little girl told me something sweet which I'm sure she won't mind me repeating here. I had just finished reading a story about a kangaroo which lost its ability to hop but regained it by the end of the story. She said "He got his bounce back!" I agreed, asking if she'd ever lost her bounce. "No," she replied. "But I did lose my whistle once." Pressing for more information, I learned that "Jonothan borrowed it for a while but I've got it back now. See." She then demonstrated her ability to whistle.
3. I received very good news today about my writing career but you'll have to wait until tomorrow's blog as it's embargoed until February 8. I was so happy I cried!

No comments: