Saturday, February 24, 2007

Sunset, cricket, bargain

1. I took this photo this evening outside our home. My husband and son were outside playing cricket and they called me to "come and see the wonderful sunset". We do have some spectacular sunsets here, but this was one of the best yet. The most amazing thing is that this photo doesn't do the real sunset justice by any means. The core of the sunset was exactly like a hot flaming ball which looked like it was coming to burn us to a crisp. Unfortunately, my photographic skills didn't extend to recreating the scene exactly. However, I'm happy enough with the result and equally as pleased to be able to bring it to the rest of the world.
2. Our son had his first "competitive" cricket game today for our local Te Awamutu team. It was a 3 hour match and I enjoyed every minute of it. He was put in to bowl first and did so very well. Then, as a fielder, he even caught someone out which was a huge bonus for his ego. He wasn't pleased with his batting though, as he was stumped before getting any runs. Roll on, next Saturday.
3. We needed a new 5 litre can of deck stain and our local retailer had run out of the particular colour we needed. I drove 30 minutes north to Hamilton, our nearest city, to get a can and was surprised to find that it was $15 cheaper than the one in our town! Same franchise and everything. I guess the transport costs must be to blame...

No comments: