1. Being away from your normal life for a while and then coming back to it can have unexpected consequences. When I came back from the sevens last year, it took a few days for me to stop thinking about all the fun I had there. When we went on holiday to Fiji in May it took me weeks and weeks to readjust to my everyday life where I wasn't being waited on, served and cleaned up after constantly. This time after the sevens, though, I think I've fitted back into my life relatively seamlessly. I think I was more prepared this time and I also know I can go again next year so it hasn't been so hard to come back to reality. Just thought I'd share that with you.
2. While I was in Wellington I had a "bad dream". Not really a nightmare but it involved a child dying so it was definitely a bad dream. I was so relieved when I woke up to find it wasn't really true. I was talking about the dream with my friend and sister and I realised that bad dreams are actually a good thing - for me anyway. They help me to realise that, actually, life could be worse. It could be as bad as some of my dreams. It made me appreciate reality and be thankful for its normalcy.
3. I'm counting down the days until school starts again - Wednesday for our children. It's certainly been a long summer holiday with its highs and lows. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine, getting back to writing and having some space and time to sort out my office.
Monday, February 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment