Thursday, February 15, 2007

Record keeping, lunch, radio

1. My husband is a wonderful record keeper. He has records of all our spending going back at least 10 years. It makes interesting reading. I have to keep my end of the bargain too, though, so today I was doing what we call "the finances" to help with the record keeping. This involved going through my wallet, sorting out receipts and seeing where our precious resources (mainly earned by my husband) have been spent. Usually groceries and petrol of course. It may seem petty to some, but being a wonderful record keeper actually meant we were able to buy this house. The bank said our income wouldn't sustain the mortgage but my husband was able to prove that we could through his amazing record keeping. So many talents...
2. I went to lunch today with my mother and mother in law to my favourite cafe called Elevations. I had ricotta and spinach canneloni and it was delish. It was nice to be treated. Wonderful, in fact.
3. Several people told me today that they heard my name mentioned on the radio news. It was about my being a finalist in the book awards. I didn't hear it, as I'm not a fan of the radio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm...ricotta and spinach. Now I'm hungry!

And congrats!

;) Reese