Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Swimming sports, kindergarten, shoes

1. Our children have their swimming sports tomorrow and they are looking forward to it with varying degrees of enthusiasm. It's actually a fun day for parents and, although I'm going to be there, I won't be helping out with the race results this time. Last year, an angry parent was very accusatory about the work we were doing at the end of the race with the announcement of 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. So this year I've decided to be an observer and avoid being a target for parents with a competitive streak.
2. I worked at kindergarten this morning instead of Wednesday so that I can see the swimming sports. I enjoyed playing in the sandpit for the first time in ages. We made an enormous river and a wonderful mountain with a waterfall. Very therapeutic.
3. I took my son in to get his new shoes today. He has to wear expensive sports shoes due to his need for orthotic insoles to compensate for a difference in leg length and a lack of arches. Very complicated and irritating but it doesn't seem to stop him being an avid sportsman.

No comments: