Sunday, February 18, 2007

Cricket win, cleaning, calm

1. New Zealand's Black Caps (our national cricket team) beat the Aussies at a match in Auckland today. We were glued to the television through most of the last hour or so as the Kiwis came closer to the impossible. Not impossible to beat the Australians - though nearly. We did beat them by 10 wickets in the first game of the series a few days ago. But in today's game the Aussies made a record number of runs for the venue and we still beat that great total. It was very exciting to watch and I'm still buzzing. Needless to say, I love cricket.
2. Today I spent several hours out of character! I cleaned the bathroom and the room that houses the toilet. (I'm never sure of the correct name for that room, sorry). When I say clean, I really cleaned. I even kind of enjoyed it, although it was a passing phase I'm sure.
3. I dropped my daughter around to play at the home of a friend today and stopped for a coffee with the mum who's also a friend of mine. I always find Robyn a particularly calming woman to be around and, when I came home, I found the calmness had transferred to me! It was lovely. Suddenly the loud list of possibilities on the "things to be done" list, seemed quieter and more orderly. I did more than usual because I didn't feel pressured to. It was actually quite bizarre but I hope it lasts because it was a happier way to live. Thanks Robyn.

No comments: