Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weird, party, shattered

1. Blogging is a weird thing. People I've never met make friendly comments on my blog and they feel like friends. I'm realising that the comments I make on people's blogs probably give them a similar feeling of warmth and joy to the feeling I get when that happens to me. Thanks everyone. Did that make sense? Warm fuzzies to you all at Christmas and always.
2. I had my little neighbourhood dessert evening tonight and it went very smoothly. The participants ranged in age from four to "seventies" and covered North Americans, British and New Zealanders. The chatting was laid back, the children behaved well, the desserts were mouth watering and the Christmas tree sparkled. I'm glad I did it.
3. It was a nice end to a shattering day. I spent almost all day driving from one timber supplier to another searching for a particular type of fence with no satisfying conclusion. It was frustrating, particularly driving to another town because the man on the end of the phone assured me they had the exact fence. They didn't. However, I remained calm and didn't growl.

No comments: