Saturday, December 02, 2006

Miracle, gala, butterflies

1. Finally, the world's kindest man has agreed to shift the swimming pool we have bought from its possy in Auckland to the whole in our lawn. It will cost us, but it's what we've been hoping for. Happiness reigns.
2. The local school had a gala this morning. I asked my son if he wanted to come with us. He said no. We were organising to go and he said "what is a gala?" When told it's like a fair, he said "Oh, I thought it was a garden centre. I'll come then." Something of a word imperfect moment I thought.
3. My daughter and I were shopping for tent pegs and also bought a swan plant so we can hopefully watch the monarch butterfly life cycle process. I haven't seen a single monarch butterfly for ages. Then, about 5 minutes after we arrived home, I looked out the window and a monarch butterfly flew straight past! Very weird.

No comments: