Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Vellicate, acceptance, husbands

1. I was teaching at kindergarten and the office administrator used the word of the day from my word imperfect blog, giving me a wink as she did so. She used it to describe a "very delicate" situation. I had told her about my blog but had no idea she had looked at it more than once. Turns out she's a very regular reader (possibly addicted), just not a contributor as yet. I was really thrilled. She says she loves reading the word each day, looking at the meanings contributed by others and trying to figure out what the real meaning is. Thanks, Lesly. You made my day!
2. I told the children that I'm going to Auckland a day earlier than I had planned. Usually this would result in something of a monumental meltdown, particularly with our daughter. However, I timed the discussion exactly right, said all the right things about how much help she'll be while I'm away and somehow managed to swing it so that no tears were shed. Hallelujah!
3. My husband was very happy about me going to Auckland a day earlier so I can do some library research for my book. They are coming up to meet me on Friday for a family birthday followed by a family wedding. I appreciated his willingness to cope alone with all the packing and planning. And, of course, he'll do a superb job.

No comments: