Saturday, November 18, 2006

Neck, children, freedom

1. I wanted to work harder at my deadline today but I woke up with an astonishingly sore neck. Not sure if it's from sitting at the computer or perhaps a chill while reading in bed last night. Either way, it's been a pain all day long and hard to concentrate around. Since this blog is about beautiful things, however, I will have to say that the good thing about it is that it reminds me of how I take health for granted until something goes wrong and then I realise how topsy turvy the world becomes when one part of my body is not feeling in sync. So, if you're reading this and nothing hurts, appreciate it! Be grateful! Dance for joy!
2. The children each had a friend over today. It rained persistently from dawn til nearly dusk when the sun decided to make a brief appearance. That meant they were cooped up inside. The girls were okay about that, and enjoyed playing with tiny polly pocket stuff and making mad dashes out to play in the rain every now and then. The boys were harder to please. I needed my wits about me to keep the happiness cogs clicking over but finally resorted to a borrowed Playstation! Bliss returned.
3. Australian Shapelle Corby is in the news again as her book hits the shelves. After a news item about her ghastly life in a Bali prison I asked my husband to remind me about Shapelle the next time I uttered a word of complaint. It wasn't long. I can't remember what I was moaning about 10 minutes later but he turned and said "Shapelle, remember Shapelle". Grrr! Okay. Shapelle, I admire your capacity to choose life under the circumstances which have befallen you. I wish you every success for your upcoming last chance appeal. I believe you.

No comments: