Sunday, January 07, 2007

Painting, cycling, sun

1. The light at night is gorgeous lately. Somehow, the sunset managed to paint the trunk of our huge Japanese walnut tree a distinct shade of red umber. It was magical.
2. I went on two hour long cycling trips today - the first with my son and the second with my daughter. Tired, yes. Happy, yes. Good parenting, you betcha.
3. The sun is still beating down on us all day and I can see myself looking forward to cooler weather already. I know it sounds weird to those other bloggers suffering through winter, but I actually prefer cooler weather. I enjoy snuggling rather than sweltering. However, with the addition of our new swimming pool, life will be easier. That's if my husband can find the source of the leak...

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Word Imp, glad you had good cycle rides with your children today. I find getting out with the boys makes us all happier. I'm not sure why I resist it sometimes. It's cold and wet and rainy here. In the summer when I was complaining about the heat, my husband said "Just wait until it's cold and miserable in winter you'll be wishing for these hot days" He was right!

Jen said...

I hate the heat too - I positively MELT!!! Trust me though, to the truly 'heat phobic', a swimming pool doesnt make much difference as you DO have to get out of it every now and again, damn it!! Lol.