1. I've had the inclination to do quite a lot of baking lately. Today's effort was Tollhouse Choc Chip Cookies. They were happily munched by the family but they didn't turn out quite the way I'd expected. I think I was looking for something slightly chewier. However, they fill the gap.
2. I've never liked weeding. However, my new love of gardening includes weeding. Very cathartic, I have to add. I was actually searching for weeds to pull. Scary.
3. The children have been argumentative and short tempered with each other which has not made me happy. However, I seem to have settled the situation down tonight with a few home truths. I think 2007 might have to be a year for stern discipline. We'll see.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I don't particularily like cooking, but I find myself baking more lately. I am so used to having homework and now that the new semester won't start till January 21, I am bored. I just bake to do something. I told my husband not to get used to it. LOL
BTW, rarely do anything I bake turn out the way I would like it to. LOL
As far as kids fighting, I get that all the time. They have a 5 1/2 year age gap. But then again, I have a sister who is 14 months older than me and we fought like cats and dogs, too. I guess siblings will fight at any age. Besides, they are on a break from school-that always starts fights. School keeps them busy, I guess.
Take Care.
baking is something I used to do quite a lot but got out of the habit of doing (excuse the pun) but I do like to do it when I have the time or energy. as for kids fighting I have two that if fighting were an Olympic event both would be in it. my 5 year old thinks she knows everything and my 9 year old thinks he is to good for the likes of her. he keeps telling me I should have had a boy go figure. school starts tomorrow so hopefully it will settle down.
Thanks for those helpful comments. It's good to know you're not alone when you hit parenting humps, isn't it? Several of my friends have said their children are very difficult right now as well. We're thinking it's the "post-Christmas blues" - kind of like the kids are saying... "we looked forward all year to that!?!"
Post a Comment