1. My son had his first orthodontic appointment today. I can see the $ signs flicking across your mind as you read that sentence. It was fascinating stuff. The good thing, apparently, was that he has a horse shoe shaped upper jaw thingy. The bad thing is he (like me) is a mouth breather. The funny thing was when the receptionist sat us in the "education room" and asked if we would like "coffee, blah, blah, chocolate". "Chocolate? Did I hear you offer me chocolate?" Nearly. It was a hot chocolate she was offering. My son accepted her kind invitation. I don't have my chocolate in liquid form. I had a cup of tea.
2. New Zealand was supposed to play Sri Lanka at cricket at a ground near us this afternoon so we were all planning to go and have a wonderful time. We spent hours turning our son into a walking banner in the hope of winning a prize which we could sell to pay for his dentistry. (Anyone who knows us personally knows that this is something our family does well. For example, we had a trip to Fiji this year due to the fact that we turned up with thousands of other people dressed in yellow for an airline's 10th anniversary.) However, today's prizewinning efforts were thwarted when it rained. And rained. And rained harder. The other dedicated spectators clapped appreciatively at the sight of our walking banner, but there was no money forthcoming. A good time was had by all, despite this.
3. I love the American television programme called The Amazing Race (Kiwi host though!) and a new series started this evening so I'm very happy. It was a two hour special as well! I got a great fix. I know some of the bloggers who read this will probably already know the result as we see these things after you do, so please don't spoil my surprise. We're gunning for the three legged team.
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment