Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Me, sun, lifting

1. I had a lovely day without other people around today. The children were still with friends and my husband had his first day back at work after the holiday break. I love having time alone with myself, just pottering around and doing whatever I feel like. Bliss.
2. What a gloriously sunny day we had today. Lots of blue in the sky and wispy clouds floating past at their leisure. Just right for daydreaming.
3. This evening it was back to the hard labour of concreting etc. I enjoy physical work very much but I must say my body is aching now. However, I had a moment of excitement when I lifted a 40kg bag of cement from the back of the van and carried it over to the place I was working with the cement mixer. Every time I've tried before, I've failed miserably and my husband has had to cart it to where I'm working. But this time I put my mind to it and decided that I'd been doing so much physical strength work that I must be able to lift it by now. And I did! Hooray.

No comments: