Monday, January 08, 2007

Unwell, tree, present

1. My daughter's been unwell today, head, tummy, tired, listless kind of thing. Either sunstroke (siriasis, was it?) from too much cycling yesterday or some virus. I'm sure it will right itself as these things do. If not, I'll take her to sit in the doctor's waiting room for 5 minutes. That's the best cure of all, in my experience. She managed to have several brighter moments though, so all is well, really.
2. The Christmas tree is down for another year. Thank goodness. I like a big lounge and the tree makes it too small. Plus, I'm over Christmas. Big time. I'm ready for 2007 and whatever it brings. That's tempting fate, if anything does.
3. By present (see title), I don't mean gift. I mean being present, like "in the moment" etc. During the night, I was thinking. And I decided to try to be more present. Kind of a n.y. resolution but not entirely. Just an oddball kind of thought. Hey, maybe I'll be in the moment and see what that's like. It was pretty good actually. While it lasted. My reason for trying it was an attempt to get from A to B without deviating towards C, D, E and M. I though if I am really "present" I won't notice the other things sidling into view that need to be attended to. I think it will work but will take a bit more effort on my part. But that's okay. I'm still watering the garden so I know I can stick at something. If this post seems a little strange, I think it's because I've just spent an hour blog surfing and I've got other people's blog styles in my head.

No comments: