1. My father in law came over today to work on building the deck around our pool while my husband was at work. It was a surprise and very sweet. My husband was suitably impressed and genuinely surprised. It brightened our day. He deserved something nice like that, since he's been working so hard on it. Thanks, Poppa.
2. I took our car to get a warrant of fitness today at the garage around the corner. I think I've mentioned the mechanic, Basil, before on this blog. As I drive past his workplace I'm often reminded how much we've appreciated his wisdom and willingness since he moved his business here a year or so ago. It's wonderful having such a nice man working as a mechanic so close to home. He can always fit us in, doesn't overcharge and is very helpful and approachable. Gives us a great peace of mind, too. Happy New Year, Basil.
3. This morning I took the children to the library and we had a busy time perusing the books. I'm pleased the children are now old enough to browse through the shelves and choose books they think they'll enjoy. The best part was that they did heaps of reading during the afternoon as well. It reminded me of my own school holidays many years ago when I would laze about for days on end just reading. That was (and still is) my idea of heaven!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved taking my two older kids to the library when they were in early elementary school. The children's section had low bookshelves arranged around a hug carpet with bean bags and we would sit on the floor and look through the books until something caught our eyes. We would read many books there, and take home the best ones to re-read.
Alas, now they are older and neither of the two older kids like to read much. They read what they like (Star Wars books for Sean, joke books and collections of comic strips for Kristine), when they are in the mood.
Thankfully, my three-year-old loves books and already begs for me to read "Olivia" and Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes to him. (One of his favorite nursery rhymes is Diddle Diddle Dumpling My Son John. He actually walks around the house very often with only one sock on! When I asked him why, he found the story and the book and showed it to me!) I can't wait until his little brother (19 months) is old enough and we can spend oodles of time with picture books at the library again!
I used to dream of writing children's books. Now I just dream of having time to write anything!
Post a Comment