1. I had conversations with two close friends today. One by phone and the other in person. I'm glad of friends and realise that, even though I like to be alone sometimes, friends are very important. So thank you to all my friends - those from my real life and those from my blog life - I appreciate you all and I often feel fortunate to be a person with friends.
2. I am reading a lovely book which I can wholeheartedly recommend to others. It's by Marlena de Blasi and is called A Thousand Days in Venice. It's a romance, a true story, about food, about love and very deep and meaningful. Thank you Marlena for writing about your amazing experience. It's touching me.
3. My son had a two hour dentistry appointment today with a Brazilian and an Argentinian. I was privileged to sit in on the experience. He was measured, photographed, moulded, x-rayed and stretched. His mouth span caused much oohing and aahing as well as "are you sure?" and "you'd better measure it again". All incredibly interesting. It made being a dentist looking incredibly interesting. Thanks Alex and Diego. You were very kind to our son.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Greetings! Lovely blog! What kind of joke book did you write?
Hi there. Thanks for enjoying my blog. My joke book is published by Allen and Unwin. It's in a non-fiction series called "It's True..." and my book is called "It's True...You can make your own jokes." It has hundreds of jokes, lots of facts about jokes, humour, laughter etc and workshops on how to make up different kinds of jokes. It's aimed at people over 8 years old but mainly 8-13 year olds, I guess. I started it when my son was 5 and started making up terrible jokes. He was almost 10 when it was finally published as a book because the manuscript was rejected and changed three times before being accepted. However, it's the means by which I gained a literary agent so it was all very wonderful. And it's my first book which is in libraries and shops so that was very exciting for me. My other books have been published by educational publishers so haven't been so readily available to the public. Thanks for asking. Sorry the reply was so long. My name is Sharon Holt if you want to "google" me and track down the book. All the best.
My youngest hates to go to the dentist. It takes a lot of convincing to get her to open her mouth. The last time we went, she opened her mouth for the dentist, but not the hygienist. Hopefully, next time, she'll get braver.
I find your writing career interesting. I keep revising my book that I am writing. I am not a published author. It's almost discuouraging to see how many times a book get rejected. I guess persistence pays off. Happy to see that you didn't give up.
I did the nanowrimo thing back in November and actually reached the 50,000 word mark I am wanting to get published when it is finished. My son has had horid experiences with the dentist he actually had to be put under just to have teeth pulled I wish it were easier. I think I will google you to find your book.
Billie
Post a Comment