Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Cold, child-free night, cat

1. I'm very cold tonight. Not sure why, but I think it's because I got wet from the hose when watering the garden and couldn't seem to warm up. I was helping my husband organise string lines to do with the pool decking after that and just got colder and colder. I couldn't even warm up in the spa. So it's summer in New Zealand and I'm wearing a winter singlet to try and warm up! I think I'm going out in sympathy with my northern hemisphere blogging buddies!
2. The children are away with friends for the night. I made a yummy dinner of Moroccan Chicken and said to my husband "I love dinners like this" and he said "You mean quiet ones?" I was actually referring to the dish but I agreed with his sentiments. Recent dinner times have been full on battles due to a mixture of reasons. However, due to the lack of younger humans in the vicinity, the quiet was very noticeable indeed!
3. Our cat is a white and ginger male aged about 9 years called Moose. He has been pacing, investigating rooms, meowing and acting strangely. He is always very unsettled when the children are out of the house, as they are tonight. Nice to know he appreciates them!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon
I hope the New Year brings with it all that is good and beautiful and may it be a year of good health , prosperity and success in all that you undertake ! Thanks for making our days that much brighter with wordimperfect - ! Long may the words last ..

Word Imp said...

Thanks so much for that lovely comment. I'm really thrilled that you enjoy the blog so much. I get a lot of pleasure from doing it and also from knowing it's enjoyed by others. I think it will last a while, as it's still very easy finding words I've never heard of! Happiest of new years to you too.

Unknown said...

This is a really lovely blog, and I simply ADORE Word Imperfect! How clever and fun! I'd like to add that blog to my links at bloomingwriter.blogspot.com (I found you by visiting tsukismom.blogspot.com). Have only this week gotten highspeed in my tiny rural Nova Scotian (Canada) community so I'm getting to do some serious surfing...in between working, of course. ;-) The beauty of being a freelance writer working from home is that it's okay to skyve off for an hour or two whenever I want...because I'll get the work done later.

Thank you for your creativity, humour and reminders to appreciate the little things.

cheers, jodi

Anonymous said...

good site
http://www.accomodationsmotels.org/
manoj kuMAR