1. The children each have a friend over to play today. Mostly it eased the sibling rivalry dramas. But sometimes it doubled them. Two against two instead of one against one. I know I have a problem. I guess that's positive. Admitting you have a problem is the first step towards finding a solution!
2. My daughter and her friend have recently become addicted to the High School Musical dvd - not that they're anywhere near high school age. I think they just like the songs and the singing. They were down at the bottom of our neighbours' garden tonight sitting in the trees and singing their hearts out. They ran back when it was time to come in and said at the end of one of their songs they heard clapping! I dearly remember the joy of singing loudly with my little friends when I was a child. I'm not sure I remember anyone clapping though.
3. I still love everything to do with plants, weeding, watering and gardening. That's a bit of a record for me as it's lasted more than a couple of days. In fact, the urge to garden seems to be intensifying. I think it's good for my stress levels so I'll keep it up. I'm not the yoga or meditation type sadly - too hyperactive.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Word Imp, sorry I haven't been doing much word guessing lately, I can't get my creative juices going! I know what you mean about the children and their rivalry, mine are just the same. I find it so difficult to understand and cope with. I've tried them both having a friend over at the same time. For me it didn't work out too well, my youngest really behaved badly and I ended up having to take his friend home. I was really embarrassed explaining to his friend's mum that I would have to bring her son home early because my son was being so naughty. Have you ever read the book 'Siblings without rivalry' I read it a few years ago and I thought it was quite useful. Mmmm maybe I should dig it out again.
Thanks Sara. I have heard of that book but haven't read it lately. I'll search it out. I got a couple from the library but neither seemed very helpful. I have another on order, so hopefully that will be of use. I guess it's a phase but it can be a bit disheartening when it's the children you've nurtured and loved and suddenly they turn on each other like absolute enemies! Thanks for understanding. It helps to know others out there can relate. That's a good thing about blogging.
Hello Word Imp! Best wishes to you for a healthy, happy, and beautiful year. Thank you for stopping by!
Hi! I enjoyed reading about your summer time activities, since it's winter here. I hope you keep enjoying the gardening! I have trouble keeping that interest alive longer than a couple of weeks. Especially the weeding part.
Post a Comment