1. As some of you have been aware, I've been away from my normal work station since Tuesday. I took the children to Auckland and north of Auckland for a few days as part of the school holiday break. We're having a lovely time and it's been a welcome change of scenery. We're currently in a place north of Auckland which is particularly picturesque and has lots to recommend it - the Warkworth, Matakana area including Omaha Beach. The beach was deserted apart from our little group, a lone surfer and a woman running a shaggy Wheaten Terrier dog named Roxy. It's winter here, so no swimming for us. But the children enjoyed the huge expanse of sand, the interesting shells and the toe dipping in the brisk water. I love being near nature. It's rejuvenating.
2. The relatives we are staying with are relatives of my husband who, sadly, had to be at work this week so hasn't accompanied us. It's wonderful catching up on the lots of the family history and spending time with wonderful family members who we don't see for years on end. The latest addition is baby Rita who has just turned 6 months old. The children were enchanted by her and we had a lovely dinner with Rita's American mum who is, happily, a trained chef!
3. Blogging away from home has had its challenges so I thank everyone who also uses my wordimperfect blog for their patience while I've been away. I've managed to keep up the blog, which has been due to the generosity of the aforementioned relatives. I'm looking forward to my own office again though!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment