Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Easter, my agent, lunch

1. For someone who loves chocolate, I am surprisingly calm about the forthcoming Easter eating binge. It's also the beginning of a two week school holiday for our children, so perhaps that's having an effect. Typically, any eggs I receive are eaten very quickly. I can't stand having any chocolate lying around uneaten. Anyone else in that particular boat?
2. I have the world's best literary agent. I got a wonderful email from her saying she liked my most recent story and was sending it off to a publisher straight away. She also updated me on other manuscripts that had been sent. I'm feeling strangely confident about the responses from publishers. Watch this space!
3. My friends came over for a casual lunch today and it was very peaceful and enjoyable. It was a great time to enjoy the new baby, a boy named Soia. Thanks everyone for a lovely lunch.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I have a problem with uneaten chocolate, too. When I was in my twenties, I had occasional, rare binges, but once the kids got older...Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's, Easter...need I say more? I try to keep a staxh of Three Muskateers candy around, because I don't like it. I can't keep Hersheys, M&Ms, Reese's peanut butter cups, or Rolos in the house. Sigh.

Shari said...

Oops. That was supposed to be "stash" not "staxh". Too many typos lately. Like "boz" instead of "box" in your Word Imp blog for the word "Toccata."