Monday, October 30, 2006

memory, writing, Maggie

1. I don't know if my memory problems are linked to pre-menopausal symptoms, early onset Alzheimers Disease or something more insidious, but I knew gingko was the answer. I visited my friend Rhonda today at work and there was a box of gingko tea on her filing cabinet. I was transfixed. May I have a tea bag? I asked. Yes, said Rhonda. Take the whole box. I don't really like the taste. So I did. Thanks, Rhonda. My mind will now be sharply focussed again. Phew!
2. A writing job I have been avoiding by blogging (!) actually turned out to be very enjoyable when I finally got around to working on it today. I had fun and I'm looking forward to going back to it as soon I've done this post.
3. My friend in Belgium called Maggie phoned out of the blue. It's always wonderful to hear her voice. She had good news about her journey too, so that was even better.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello word imp - saw your comment on my blog - isnt blogging a wonderful platform to bring people from across the globe together ? We are prolific readers- what name do you publish under ?

Word Imp said...

Hi Eve's Lungs
My real name is Sharon Holt. I've left a longer answer on your blog.
Thanks for asking.

Rhonda Sloan said...

Aren't Rhondas just so sweet and considerate? :)

Hope the tea helps your mind...mine has been shot since having a baby. And I don't think it is coming back.

Word Imp said...

Yes Rhonda!
However there was one Rhonda in my teenage past who snuck off with my boyfriend!
Scientists say pregnancy and childbirth obliterate braincells willy nilly. I'm thinking, isn't that when I need them the most?
I agree with you that motherhood seems to be the start of major memory loss. But if you think that's bad, wait until you're in your forties. Now that's what I call memory loss. But I don't mean to scare you.

Unknown said...

Sharon - thanks for happening by my blog - yes I am from India and I stay in Kolkata which most people would associate with Mother Teresa is one has heard of her .I'm so glad to see that yet another lady in her forties is into major memory loss -I thought I was the only one ! try kidney beans !

Word Imp said...

Yikes
Kidney beans sound like they could cause me other problems! Tell me more about the wonders of kidney beans in association with memory loss! I've never heard of such a connection.

floribunda said...

I think the other cause of memory loss is stress -- but just wait until you're in your 50's for even more treats! Now my hair is falling out, too. Imp, I love both your blogs. Hope to get to NZ for a wander one of these years, on my way to see my sister in Tazzie.