1. We played a family game of cricket on our front lawn today which is always exhausting but always fun. I'm hopeless at catching the ball but I made a catch on my shoulder and held it there with my chin. Miraculously, the ball stayed in place!
2. One of the people who put a meaning for threnody on my Word Imperfect blog recently used photos on her own blog to describe the meaning she'd given the word. It feels so exciting to realise that a small idea from my head in New Zealand can have an impact on people in another part of the world. I feel fully satisfied as Word Imp. I think it suits my personality well.
3. My daughter's school friend came to play. We picked her up from her home on a farm nearby. Her Border Collie cross dog called Harry loves racing vehicles down his long driveway. He waits beside the front wheel on the driver's side and watches the wheel. As soon as it turns just the tiniest bit, he's off, racing full speed down the driveway. He won, of course, and then did a victory lap around the paddock as a parting gesture.
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment