Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Gifts, cleaning, Isabella

1. Two parcels arrived in the post today - a skirt for me from one sister and a gift for each of the children from another sister. I'm so lucky to have generous sisters.
2. I vacuumed my van of hay, goat raisins and other ex-goat paraphenalia and it is finally fit for human carriage again. I don't like vacuuming the van, but I like the feeling of having done it at last.
3. I finally whittled a too-long picture book manuscript back to under 450 words for a publisher. Now just have to wait to see if it's accepted. The main character is Isabella - a name I love. I like that part of being a writer, I get to have all these children that I name and my husband doesn't get to say the names are crap!

2 comments:

Rhonda Sloan said...

How long have you been writing children's books?

Word Imp said...

Rhonda
I've been writing children's books for 7 years. You'll hear something about them from time to time on this site. If you want more information, just ask. Always keen to help.