Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Anniversary, sports day, sickness

1. Yesterday was our 12th wedding anniversary. We don't celebrate our anniversaries in the traditional sense, but I asked my husband whether he knew what the 12th anniversary stood for ie. paper, clay, rubber... He said "earmuffs". Fortunately, I found that particularly funny. Humour is one of his many wonderful qualities. I enjoy being married to someone who always has a quick comback line - even when it's at my expense! We had sushi for lunch. So maybe 12th anniversary is celebrated with rice...
2. We had the school athletics sports last week and the zone athletics sports is coming up on Friday. I always enjoy that day - as long as it's fine weather. Not sure of the forecast but I've actually given up on weather forecasters. They can't be trusted.
3. My daughter was home sick from school today. Sore throat, runny nose sort of thing. Not too bad but I'm hoping to give her a rest so she'll recover more quickly. Always tricky with kids to know the best way to react in that regard. I'm glad I kept her home though. She seems a lot better. I hope it lasts.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ha ha, your wedding anniversary story made me and my husband laugh. We've been married 13 years so I guess Steve knows where your husband is coming from. Glad to hear that your son is getting on so well. I'm sure he will do wonderfully. Sounds like your writing is going well too. Matthew still loves your book and often it's his bedtime reading choice. Glad to see you blogging on this one again. I've missed you.